but so then he follows her and discovers she's,
> like, married and he can't handle it because he thought he was her
special
> john or some such.  it's been done before, and it was better then.

holy shit, i was just watching a movie like that called "are you lonesome
tonight" with that lady from dr. quinn medicine woman like two weeks ago.
it's the same plot pretty much...which brings me to my point :P

instead, he writes a story every bit as crappy as i would
> expect that loser that sings those songs to write.  if it was a good
> story, then i couldn't like the songs as much, somehow.

i've found that isaac writes what he knows, and i think i honor his talent
more for that.  when a person tries to write a story about something they
know nothing about..often times they can't pull it off, and some manage to.
 it depends on how well you can use creative outlets and what not and more
importantly, in what situation.  i don't think i'm the only person here who
thinks isaac writes what he knows and can let out of his system..
he's not mr. isaac brock avant-garde writer to the rescue.  he's mr. isaac
brock, and i think, anyway, that the shitty story he wrote is proof enough
of that.
- amy