From: grrr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> i eat meat regularly and wasn't sick for nearly a year, which is a record
> for me.   i think it has more to do with staying warm and getting exercise
> than anything.  i didn't get sick this winter until the really windy
> freezing cold weather hit.  it may look kinda funny to go out wrapped up
> like a mummy, but you'll avoid getting sick, trust me.

This is actually a myth.  Being cold and/or wet will not give you a cold
or flu or anything else - except possibly pneumonia, which requires you
to be quite cold and quite wet for a while.

The reason colds and flus are more common when it's cold is that, being
cold, people spend less time outside and more time in closed quarters
with other people - therefore there are lots more opportunities to catch
things from them.  I don't want to sound pompous, but this is just true
(it's been written about in medical journals for years now) so let's not
get into an argument about it.

np:Beach Boys, "Wild Honey"
--
...extensive liner notes and make-believe alien languages...
Rev. Jack Godsey.

Spiritual counsel and webmaster for Pegasi 51.
http://members.tripod.com/pegasi51/index.html