> Same deal with the japanese tour ep. If you tried
> hard enough....it was possible to get a copy for $6.

I don't think the tour EP was EVER available for only
$6, not even from K.  In fact, I know it wasn't.
I was able to get four copies directly from a store in
Japan for about $15 a piece, and that was without
shipping (which got to be a bit salty, kids).
Don't get me wrong, however.  I think it's excellent
that Russ put them up because not everyone had the
chance to buy them in the first place even if they had
the money.  My understanding is that there are only
700 copies in existence worldwide, and since it went
out of print immediately, it's not like the mp3's are
detracting from sales of the EP on the market or
anything like that.

> Certainly Modest Mouse isn't oblivious to the fact
> that fans would want to hear these songs

Well, that's exactly where the major label comes in.
Epic declared that they would no longer allow the sale
of the tour EP because some of the songs were/are/have
been re-recorded, and they didn't want anyone to
undermine the buying power of their newest signing.
There are publishing and copyright issues that Epic
felt the need to protect, and unfortunately that
screwed the general buying public (in the USA, at
least) out of this excellent collection of songs.

But thanks to the legendary Ruxx, the saga continues.

And if you haven't thanked him today, for the
countless mp3's or for protecting the artistic
integrity of one of yr favorite bands or for putting
up pictures of dope hotties for you to drool over,
maybe you should thank him now.  He's listening.

unsolicited spokesman for the Ruxx campaign,
*phiL*