minneapolis is pretty cool. That Dog sings about it and Briana lives
here.....what could be better.
michael

yes minneapolis is splendid!  i've always mentioned this whenever someone
starts a thread about it....but now i can give some reasons why.
during the winter - during the winter there's all this fun stuff to do.
there has never been a christmas like a minnesota christmas.  us fine
scandanavian folks enjoy the ice castle which is....well...pretty fucking
huge and costs millions of dollars to build each year.  they put these
beautiful pastel lights up against the ice and it gleams with a
rainbowesque glow.  i used to stand in the large crowd in awe at it wishing
i could go inside and pretending what it'd be like.  i'm such a dreamer :P
we also have these ice sculpture contests near the capital (ok this stuff
is in st. paul technically but it's all the same ;)) where these sculpture
artists work on different figures and i think they're the only people in
all of minneapolis who hope that it doesn't get warm.  we also have these
sweet sled type things where you can go down this really steep hill thing
on a slide thingie and oh it's just fun and not quite the same as sledding
in a park.  i can't explain it but if you saw it you'd see why.  we also
have red and black vulcans who come up and kiss you at random.  we're also
home to the most awesome christmas parade ever which basically runs down
where nicolet mall is.  i love nicolet mall.  i swear we're home of the
most skyways in the world but i'm probably bullshitting then ;)  we do have
lots of skyways tho.  OH AND DAYTONS!  they turned the top floor of the old
daytons into this neat thing where at christmas time you can see all these
neat light shows and stuff..you walk through them.
late summer - two words:  STATE FAIR :P  we were one of the first state
fairs that sampled off "dots," the little bubble ice cream things.  we also
have that huge slide that you can go down and the butter statues that you
can view from the dairy building.
point being:  if you wanna go to an awesome college and an awesome
city..MINNEAPOLIS IS FOR YOU :P
- amy