Re: Southpacific "Constance"
Yes, that is a great record.  I got it back in December and played it two
weeks straight.  It's different than Tristeza, though.  Tristeza is a lot
more jangly and melodic.  Southpacific uses drone guitar stuff with bits
of melody coupled with a bouncy rhythm section.  Really cool.  Turnbuckle
has some other good stuff out, too.

If you're into Tristeza, though, you might want to check out The Six Parts
Seven from Kent, Ohio.  They have a record out on Donut Friends Records
which is run by the drummer from Harriet the Spy.  The Six Parts Seven are
more like Tristeza than Southpacific is.  There is at least one MP3 track
of The Six Parts Seven on Epitonic (www.epitonic.com), so you should check
that out.

One record that I'm really looking forward, too is the new Aloha record.
In my mind they're the only decent thing on Polyvinyl.  Aloha plays a lot
here in Cleveland.  They're opening for Tristeza this Sunday which should
be an awesome show.  It's cool jazzy, Tortiose/Tristeza-like
instrumentation with a bit of emo-ish vocals.  They use vibraphones,
keyboards, other stuff.  Kind of prog-rock styled stuff.  Certainly the
best thing in Cleveland.  Their record comes out in May, but I heard they
have 100 of them now.  If you ask real nice they might give you one.
(www.insomniaville.com/aloha)

Tyler