>I have gone to many shows where there is no encore, and i found it a
>pleasant
>surprise that they were going to have one...

yeah!!   pretty surprising...9 out of the 10 modest mouse shows i've been
to, they didn't do an encore.  but people definitely screamed their brains
out expecting one.  but alas, never an encore.  that one time that they did
one was at princeton over my spring break last year.  everyone yelled and
screamed and they didnt come back out.  so most of the people left the club.
  then like 10 minutes later, they came back out and did another song or two
for like the 11 people who were still standing around.  pretty cool.

also, in response to the tundra/desert thing...9 out of the 10 shows i've
been to they've played t/d...last.  the other time they did styrofoam
boots/it's all nice on ice.  that was at the pontiac grille the last time
they played there.  i think it was the over 21 show. isaac was playing by
himself for the styrofoam boots part, and jeremy was turning this light bulb
on and off for atmosphere.  then he and eric joined in for it's all nice...
damn, that really rawked.

hezibelle