> during my lunch break at my corporate drone job, inbetween bites of my
> vegetarian frozen dinner, i read Notes From Underground Among the
Radicals
> of the Pacific Northwest by David Samuels in the may 2000 issue of
Harper's
> magazine.
> the article covers the anarchists and environmentalists taking shelter in
> eugene
> oregon from our consumer driven, empty, lonely lives.
> much of what was touched upon reminded me of some of the songs by
> modest mouse such as custom concern.
> anyone interested in such topics might also enjoy the article.
> i found myself wanting to visit my grandma in oregon and find out first
hand
> what these people are trying to achieve.

harper's is awesome.  did you ever read the article (i don't remember who
by) about how we're coming to the end of our evolution and the only things
left now are gonna be deer, cockroaches, rats, and humans?  ;)  sounds
about right to me.  humans are monsters.  i'll tell ya tho..i wouldn't mind
living in eugene, oregon with all those radicalists.  when i worked at
dairy queen (my one month expedition into the depths of consumerism.  or
not ;)) i almost went insane because all i did for three hours straight was
clean off dirty trays and then stick those paper logos that they have onto
the trays...THREE FUCKING HOURS OF THAT..SAME LOGO.  and then like the
season ended and they wouldn't let me sell back my $20 shirt, so if anyone
knows where i can find an embroidered patch that says "sucks" in black
letters..please let me know.  i need one to compliment the "dairy queen"
ontop.
vote nader, vote gore, or don't vote.
- amy

ps bush is the spawn of all that is evil.