The first time I saw Modest Mouse the Dismemberment Plan opened up for
them.

"The Great Lisp Show of 98"

In a battle of the bands, Modest Mouse destroys The Plan, however...if
it was fought only with lead singers' dueling lisps...it's a toss up.
Travis could certainly hang with Isacc on the lisp front.  That would
make for a killer comic book hero...

He'd pull out a book full of S'ssssss and the evil speach teachers would
cringe in pain...

The D-Plan slow jams suck, but if you only listen to the fast jams you
can understand why...Travis is a lyrical master, but he wears his ego
on his sleeve.  Isacc is a lyrical master, but he wears his ego between
his legs...

however, they're my top two favorite bands...and what's great about both,
people love them or hate them...at least you can't be ambivalent.  If
I were an "artist," I'd at least want people to fall on either side of
the fence, rather than sitting with a white spear up their ass in metaphorical
indecision.

Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com