Actually that makes pretty good sense.
I'm going to see Sonic Youth either way, but only because I heard about
them playing here first (also someone bought the ticket and said "your
going right?") um.....yeah.
I haven't see either one of them live so I figure that it wiser to see
Sonic Youth since they are so much older and wont be around for much
longer. Death Cab for Cutie will be touring for years to come unless
something tragic happens of course.

As far as a debate between the two go, that really wasn't my intention.
It's hard to compare the two becasue their music is so much different.
It would be better to actually debate the mouse and Sonic Youth than
Death Cab, there isn't really anything sonic about Death Cab in my
opinion.

but that's me.
John

Think of it this way:
Say you can go see both of their shows, but you have to choose which to
go to
first.  Who will give a better encore?  That is, if they will even do
one.
So, you chose the one to go to that you want to see an encore of and
leave
the other one early.  And you pick that one b/c encores are usually
awesome.
So, since you picked that one because of a good encore, maybe that means
that
you like them better; so go to that one.
That made a lot of sense in my mind, but it looks kind of jumbled here,
sorry.

Phil