> if you liked magnolia, check out the movie that magnolia ripped off.  its
> called "short cuts" and if you watch it...you will totally notice the
> blatent simalarities.  dont get me wrong, i loved magnolia, but its a rip
> off of 1992's "short cuts".  also highly recomended.

i think this has been discussed on the list before.  in fact, i think i was
the one who started this thread :P  i did notice some significant
similarities between the two movies, but not enough to consider "magnolia"
a rip-off.  what i noticed was that all the people in the movie are somehow
connected in one way or another.  i think that "short cuts" had the
intensity that "magnolia" did, but i liked "magnolia" much more and i think
it's pretty original considering the similarities between the two movies.
for movies with the same type of format see:
happiness (a personal favorite with my love, philip seymour hoffman once
again)
nashville (it's either that or tennessee..but i think it's nashville and
it's made by the same guy who did "short cuts")
i'm trying to think what else
those are the only ones i can think of right now.  everyone must see
happiness.
mmmm philip seymour hoffman's natural ggglllluuuuuueeeeeeee
drrooooooooooooool
- amy