found this while slinking about the web.

"THE UNACCOMPANIED VOICE: AN A CAPELLA COMPILATION CD (SC07)
An album dedicated to a tradition & routine so common to our everyday lives
yet so rarely captured to tape. Featuring some of the most distinctive
voices in music today, all without instrumental accompaniment. Featuring
Appendix Out, Richard Buckner & PW Long (duet), Danielson Famile, Drunk,
Dave Fischoff, the Grifters, David Grubbs, Jandek, the Japonize Elephants,
Jarboe, Damien Jurado, Suzanne Langille, Nikki McClure, Modest Mouse, the
Panoply Academy Die-Cast Cadets, Pedro the Lion, Elliot Sharp, Songs: Ohia,
Swearing At Motorists and Mia Doi Todd, as well as the voices behind God Is
My Co-Pilot, Low, Red House Painters and Two Dollar Guitar.
Available June 5, 2000. "

anyone heard it?  is it any good?  it's got a lot of people who (whom?) I
like.

Jake