In a message dated 07/18/2000 7:38:51 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< i'm so serious... horribly, bone-chillingly serious. read very carefully:

 I DON'T LIKE THE BEATLES AS MUCH AS I LIKE PAVEMENT.

 That is what's known as an opinion, and you can't argue with an opinion;
 there's no point.

You're totally right, no one can be sick for expressing their opinion.  I
could add as a big Pavement fan, however, that the breadth of style in what
Malkmus/Spiral/Ibold write for hooks is much more limited than the breadth of
hooks that the Beatles (and many other bands, for that matter) wrote. I think
if you ran some kind of official statistical analysis of their music, you
could state that as an objective fact.  But that doesn't mean that someone
can't think Pavement is the epitome of pop music for the style they use.

Loring Wirbel
Monument, Colo.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]