My compadre Zach has inspired me to comment.

(1) Le coq sportif = The sportsman cock [or cock
sportsman].  French is truly a beautiful language.  I
guess it gets lost in the translation somewhere.

(2)Blonde Redhead was really damn good live.  You
should have been there instead of listing your beanie
babies on ebay.

That's okay.  You know better now.

(3)If I were 19 yrs old again, Polvo would be my
master.  As it is right now, I can't get that one line
from "Feather of Forgiveness" out of my head.  "I
wanna put you in a light that will hurt your eyes."
[repeated]  It doesn't look too cool when you type it.
 You just have to hear the magic that is Polvo.  It
comes off with such honesty even as it rocks your ass.

(4)D-Plan.  Sure to cure my A.D.D.  Love these guys.
Doin' the dance that everybody isn't moving to.  I
feel like I need to where my helmet when I listen to
some of their more offbeat material.  but they rock,
and I thank them for that.  I look forward to more
more more music from these fellas.

(5)Thanks for turning my attention toward the Murder
City Devils, Zach.  I had written them off as just
another shitty punk rock band.  But they're like the
Misfits with 50 percent more rockin', 33.333 percent
more rollin', and 125 percent of the recommended daily
allowance of power chords.  these idle hands do the
devils work.  they've done a whole lot worse.

(6)Sam Prekop/Sea and Cake.  There are alot of indie
rock people in Chicago that are pushing there way into
jazz.  Sea and Cake seems to have more rock in there.
The Sam Prekop solo album is more mellow and sounds
like it's moving even more towards jazz.  I have been
listening to the album every night this week.  I think
I listened to it every night last week.

(7) Last but not least . . . L-E-S-S-A-V-Y-F-A-V!
Can't say enough good things about these boys.  They
make me want to quit my job and rock full-time.  How
many punk bands would incorporate the Rod Stewart "Do
ya Think I'm Sexy" riff in their song and make it
work?  Absolutely none.  That's why LSF is NOT a punk
band.  They are in a class all there own.  I hope that
they continue to break the mold of all these punk/emo
bullshit stereotypes.

As far as bands that have been praised on this group
goes, I am most disappointed with Bright Eyes.  Saw
them live about a month back.  The young lad
definitely has talent, but listening to his music was
about as exciting to me as having him show me his
personal collection of polaroids of fluffy clouds and
grassy fields.  Plus, that bleating goat affliction
was like a cheese grater on my neck after a while.
sorry about that, kids.

At least Grandaddy was there to save the day.  good
show.

I should be working right now.  gotta go.

TG