On Sun, 10 Oct 1999, Matt Arnold wrote:

>I have created a new page layout/template for perl.apache.org.  You can take
>a look at it at http://www.novia.net/~marnold/mod_perl/sample_3/  Please let
>me know if you think it's suitable for use on perl.apache.org.  If not, how
>could it be improved?

The look and feel seems OK, although I too like the idea of making it
more 'desert-ish'. I'm more curious about your plans for content
organization. The current perl.apapche.org home page is a bit of a mess.
There's very little sense of organization - just a lot of text and links
scattered all over the page.

Will you have any comps of the second level pages? Which information would
go where? So far, your left hand nav seems pretty good, provided the
current home page content will fit nicely into the buckets you've
proposed.

-j-