On 26 Oct, Stas Bekman wrote:
>> But even if I eliminate all mod_perl initialisation params, just having the
>> mod_perl DSO loaded crashes the server. Does that mean that I have to go
>> static ? I'm really surprised: been runnnig the exact same versions on rh6.0
>> and no problem. That's why I'm suspecting an external cause.
>
> DSO is reported to be unstable yet, at least for some platforms/sw
> releases. I'm using a static build.

Seems to be the case. The RedHat  rpm distribution works fine on one of
my machines and not at all on another. I can think of no obvious reason
why it should fail on one and not the other, both machines have very
similar set-ups, but that is the way it is. The hand built, statically
linked version works perfectly.

--
John Reid
Senior Analyst/Programmer