> However, when I use Filter as suggested in Apache::Filter(3) (see the
> config snippet below), the include directive gets propagated on to the
> user agent and not expanded. Try http://win.tarunz.org/test.html to see

oops. It turns out that it has been specifically stated in the docs that
Apache::Registry is not yet filter-aware :-(( Tough luck. (When will
RegistryNG include it?) O.K., meanwhile I will use Apache::PerlRunFilter
instead of Apache::Registry. Nevertheless, I wonder if there is a simple
patch possible to the OutputChain to fix the other way :-( I don't want to
miss the caching support of ::Registry in the general case for some
third-party CGI stuff which could benefit from mod_perl. Also, how can one
cope with third party scripts which output their "Content-type:" via usual
print STDOUT so that it doesn't pop up into the filtered pipeline in
addition to the one supplied by the Filter mechanism??

Of course, for my case I do have several workarounds. E.g., the script can
be easily converted to a proper handler without a need to wrap it by all
this Registry/etc stuff. It will improve the performance, won't it?

I will notify this thread when I close the published links/alter the configs
-- and tell which solution was better and why.

To future archive visitors: check if Apache::Registry supports Filter at the
time you read this, then all my pain with the "Filter" version is
obsolete...

V.