Stephane Benoit wrote:

> To do it yourself wich is probably the best way (no confilct with
> existing perl etc...) :
> * please forgive name errors (like tarballs and dir names) as I'm
> writting from what i remeber when i did it *

[...steps to a apache-mod_ssl with static mod_perl...]

this is of course working. but it does not give you a
apache-mod_ssl-mod_perl rpm file, so you need to install all of the
development stuff on your web server.

there must be someone (*) out there who has a working spec file for:

Apache 1.3.9
+ shared mod_ssl-1.3.9.2.4.6
+ static mod_perl
+ shared everything else

it would be nice if it would also keep the file layout from redhat 6.0
or 6.1

christof

(*) i have a kind of working rpm for this, but its not ready yet. the
mod_perl, mod_ssl and apache scripts all try to be very nice to you,
built an httpd for you and get in each others way
--
Christof Damian                [ we are looking for perl and linux
Technical Director               programmers, more information @