Greetings list,

Installed fresh downloads of
Apache 1.3.9 and mod_perl 1.21
But using the Perl 5.005003 that was installed with the
SuSE 6.2

mod_hello.c
when 'make', get:
:50:'hello_handlers' undeclared here (not in a function)
:50:initializer element for  'hello_module.handlers is not constant in
http_config.h

When looking at http_config.h at the handler_rec structure, the elements
don't seem to match the way they're used in the example in the book.
Going to the book site, the src's for the examples are NOT available.
*shrug*

hello.pl
I've come close to figuring this one out buy following some of the
questions I've seen here. But...

<H1>Hello $ENV{REMOTE_HOST}</H1>

The remote host doesn't show. Printing out the %ENV, it tain't there.
But where does Perl get it. From CGI.pm (which is installed) or where?

Thanks,
Michael Dearman

"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous." -- Yogi Berra