Ofer Inbar wrote:

> Michael Dearman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I've come close to figuring this one out buy following some of the
> > questions I've seen here. But...
> >
> > <H1>Hello $ENV{REMOTE_HOST}</H1>

-schnip-

> normally gets out of the environment.  Remember, mod_perl is not CGI
> (although with Apache::Registry it can look quite similar to CGI)
>
>   --  Cos (Ofer Inbar)  --  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks Ofer,
And along with the guides advice that the use of ENV is clunky anyway,
I'll
proceed with using the objects. It's just disconcerting when you can't
get
and example from a book to work. Just didn't know if it was something I
didn't
have set up right. But now methinks it might be the example was leading
me astray.
Sure wish the book site had those file listings and any corrections.
*hint-hint*
Thanks again,
Michael Dearman