I went ahead and compiled my own Apache and mod_perl for Red Hat, but
was curious if there is a solution for using Embperl with DSO and
allowing for the modules to be loaded one time.

I thought I had the above working with the default Red Hat 6.0
Apache/mod_perl, but it was not "permanently" loading the modules. When
I removed refernece to HTML::Embperl from my startup.pl file I got:
Undefined subroutine &HTML::Embperl::handler called

Mine is working now, just curious if there is something I could have
done to keep from compiling my own. (one less step in new server setup
and testing)

Aaron Johnson