> Actually, it's much more than that. I went and dug up Andover's S1 filing.
> Malda and Rob Oostendorp own Blockstackers, Inc, which was the beneficiary
> of the shares. Malda owns a majority, apparently.
>
> They got 147k shares NOW. The actual deal is that they get chunks of stock
> over the next two years. If slashdot hits two "milestones" they even get
> an extra 100k shares. Two years from now, Blockstackers owns 518516
> shares. And by the way, ANDN is currently trading at $81 a share. That's
> $42mil.
>
> So yes, mod_perl CAN make you rich.

Heh, It's just a bunch of Apache::Registry scripts. Imagine what would
happen if /. was written in Perl Apache API :)

I think Malda and Rob had to share some $$ with Doug, at least give him
pre-IPO priced shares like RH and VA Linux gave to those who made their
existance a reality. A cruel world...

Now, you understand that you can make millions knowing only the
Apache::Registry :) ...talking about experienced mod_perl programmers.

Got offtopic... sorry

Stas Bekman    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.stason.org/stas
Perl,CGI,Apache,Linux,Web,Java,PC     http://www.stason.org/stas/TULARC
perl.apache.org    modperl.sourcegarden.org   perlmonth.com    perl.org
single o-> + single o-+ = singlesheaven    http://www.singlesheaven.com