hi,
  i am writing a program using perl and its open2 function as opposed to the
open functions as this allows me to both read and write. but since i am only
familiar with..
open (MYSTDIN,  "myprog args|");
or  open(MYSTDOUT, "| myprog args");
i am trying to get my mind around the concept of open2 which is..
open2( /*MYSTDIN, /*MYSTDOUT, "myprog");
how do i simply read to the program and write to the program.. is it just...
print MYSTDIN, "my data\n";
and then a ..
while(<MYSTDOUT>) {
}
to access the standard out from the program myprog? that is my thought
but wanted to ask about it...
                                                  TIA
                                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]