The problem isn't 'use', that's working fine.  If it weren't, line 2 would
cause your code to die.  The problem is that FINANCEMOD->new() isn't returning
a properly blessed object.  Since FINANCEMOD looks like a homegrown module, I
suggest putting debug statements in it to find out why it's not returning an
object.

Also, if FINANCEMOD->new() can return non-objects or undef, you should check
its return value before using object methods on it.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Ruben Safir) wrote:
>I seem to randomly loose my objects from the EMBPERL pages.
>
>For example we have one page from the database called with the following code:
>

>      1 [- use FINANCEMOD;
>      2  $obj = FINANCEMOD->new(\%fdat) -]

[...]

>     12 [-      $head = $obj->page_head();       -]

[...]

>     Can't call method "page_head" without a package or object reference at
>somegirls line 12.

[...]

>What is the best way to make sure use works in a page?

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                            The Math Forum