> We are running these pages from HTML::EMBPERL:exec
> and I noticed that the latest release has a notice about a bug fix with
> %fdat.  Can this be the source of the problem?

That would be possible, try to upgrade to 1.2.1

> > each [- -] is evaled as a separate anoymous sub,
>
> Then the variables declared within the anonymous subroutines are global
> to the
> page being executed?

yes

>  And the Page itself is in an EVAL block?

Thinks are a bit more complicated, but from your point of view, we can say
yes.

> When the table loops come into play for the [$ WHILE $] come into the
> code,
> are they accefting the scoping in any way?

No

>  I noticed, for example, thay
> $maxrow
> seems to have local scope to the tables.  How is package level
> varriables affected.

$row, $cnt, $col, $maxrow, $maxcnt, $tabmode are "local" between <table> and
variables are affected.

> Obviously, modules have my scoped variable within them accessible only
> through the
> object.  If we hit the tables or a loop, are the previous variables
> holding the
> object reference is still global and seen under these conditions with
> the [- -]?

Yes

> Thanks Mr Gerald (Yoda) Richter
>
> Are you even in NYC?  Would love to get you to talk at one of our
> Linux User group meetings.  I'll buy the beers.

If NYC means New York City (sorry, you americans have so much abbreviations,
I am often not sure if I understand them right), I don't think that I am
there in next time, but who knows...

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925151