Hello all-
        I just got the word from down high that VC's will freak out
if they see we are using mysql and now we are looking at an Oracle
solution.

        The product is a mid level mod perl application that will
receive ~500,000 hits a day. I want to engineer it to withstand up to
2 million hits per day ( not unique users ).  Does anyone have good
or bad stories about using Oracle with mod_perl/DBI/Apache::DBI? I
would love to hear both sides of the coin. I personally think Oracle
is overkill but I don't have any major issues with it.

I am also searching the archives for problem reports but I was hoping
for some anecdotal evidence about the positive or negative of this
move.

Thanks!
John Armstrong

'Gone With The Wind' is going to be the biggest flop in the history
of Hollywood. I'm just glad it'll be Clark Gable who's falling flat
on his face and not Gary Cooper.
        -Gary Cooper, 1938