On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, David Harris wrote:

> This link was just posted to the IMP list a couple min ago:
>
>     "Low-Cost Unix Database Differences"
>     http://www.toodarkpark.org/computers/dbs.html
>
> Stas, this might be a good link to drop somewhere in the guide.

This is probably getting pretty far off-topic but I took a look at this
and I think the MySQL discussion may be based on 3.21 (3.22 is the current
stable version & 3.23 is the alpha) because it says you can't create an
index after creating a table (which is no longer true).

And a note on its lack of transactions: It is probably possible to code a
fairly reasonable simulation of transactions by buffering update/insert
commands and using lock tables commands (I'm kind of working on something
like that myself, actually).

-Dave

www.urth.org
We await the New Sun