> >From my quick look at Registry.pm it looks like there's no way to disable
> the feature where a script will be re-compiled if it changes on disk.

* take a look at Apache::RegistryNG
* move the code into a module and require from the 2 lines script

> Is this correct?
>
> This is a problem if I update both the main script, and modules used by the
> script. For example, adding a new subroutine to a module and then calling
> it from the main Registry script.  The main script will be recompiled, but
> not the module, so I'll get an undefinded subroutine called.
>
> I'm not using Apache::StatINC - the module isn't in the @INC path at startup.
>
> I'd like to be able to move the updated script and module into place and
> either do a -USR1 restart or just wait for the Apache processes to go
> through their normal life cycle.  As is, it seems as if I have to bring
> down the server, move in the updated scripts in, and restart.  Not the most
> graceful process.

Apache::StatINC is perfect for development stage, if you need the same
behavior for just a few files on production server, see:
http://perl.apache.org/guide/porting.html#Reloading_Modules_and_Required_F

Stas Bekman    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.stason.org/stas
Perl,CGI,Apache,Linux,Web,Java,PC     http://www.stason.org/stas/TULARC
perl.apache.org    modperl.sourcegarden.org   perlmonth.com    perl.org
single o-> + single o-+ = singlesheaven    http://www.singlesheaven.com