Hi there,

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, CAMERON, CRAIG wrote:

>       I'm about to write a parser for CC/PP
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-CCPP/> (Composite Capability/Preference Profiles)
> as a perl module for apache.  Basically the information is stored in rdf
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/PR-rdf-schema> which is the W3c's way of describing
> meta-data and I want to pull the information from custom headers fields in
> the HTTP/1.1 request and then use it to deliver custom html.
>
>       Has anybody done this already?

Don't know.

> don't know perl at all but languages like Java seem like overkill

!!!!  I'm interested in the meta-data topic, if you'd like to send me
some pseudocode I can turn it into pseudoPerl for you.

> I only have about a week to do it so complex solutions are physically
> impossible to implement

Good, limits my exposure:)

> (learning perl is probably easier)

There's a school of thought that says you should be doing that anyway.
It grieves when I think how much time I wasted processing text with
compiled C when I should have been reading about Perl...

73
Ged.