> I'll start this off with the error message I've been getting:
> Undefined subroutine &Apache::perl_hook called at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris/mod_perl.pm line 28.
>
> I have installed the Apache bundle (as well as several dozen other Apache
> modules).  This error is occuring in the make test phase of
> Apache::AuthCookie.  running as such:
> /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib
> -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00503/sun4-solaris -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00503
> test.pl
>
> A quick look at the Apache module shows the subroutine perl_hook is
> non-existant, yet in the documentation.  Hopefully I'm just stupid and
> missing something extremely obvious... should there not be a perl_hook
> subroutine in Apache.pm?

mod_perl is written in Perl and C. XS is used to glue the two. If you
cannot find a function in the perl code it's probably coded in C and you
will find the interface in XS file. A simple find, reveals that:

  % cd /usr/src/mod_perl-1.21_dev
  % find . -type f -exec grep perl_hook {} \;

gives:

[snipped]
perl_hook(name);
[snipped]

Now looking for the XS file:

  % find . -type f -exec grep -l 'perl_hook(name)' {} \;

gives:
./src/modules/perl/Apache.xs

So it's in ./src/modules/perl/Apache.xs - well it was pretty obvious to
look for it there by simply trying s/Apache.pm/Apache.xs/ - but as it's
not obvious for those who don't fiddle with XS, find(1) can be quite
helpful...

I know that it doesn't answer your real question. But at least it
reaasures that the code is there :)

Stas Bekman    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.stason.org/stas
Perl,CGI,Apache,Linux,Web,Java,PC     http://www.stason.org/stas/TULARC
perl.apache.org    modperl.sourcegarden.org   perlmonth.com    perl.org
single o-> + single o-+ = singlesheaven    http://www.singlesheaven.com