Hi,

I'd like to use sybperl from a (statically linked) mod_perl httpd.
I only have older non-PIC sybase client
libraries here (the OS is hp/ux), so I can't build sybase
as a loadable object for perl. That is, it seems I have to compile
mod_perl and sybase stuff statically into my httpd binary.

>From the docs, I got the info that adding Sybase::DBlib
to PERL_STATIC_EXTS should do the trick.
Indeed, I got a httpd binary which is about 200k bigger than
without this addition.

However, "use Sybase::DBlib" in a mod_perl script still yields

> Can't locate loadable object for module Sybase::DBlib in @INC

I wonder why perl still looks for a loadable object here.
Is it possible at all to link the sybase stuff into httpd?
Or will I have to buy more recent PIC-compiled client libraries?

Any help would be appreciated.

_____

Thomas Corte
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>