>> Question:
>> ADD_MODULE=log_referer,rewrite,proxy,so,vhost_alias,mime_magic,expires
>>
>> Is this required?   Why can't I just use APACI_ARGS to get 'all' ?
>
> While I don't build apache very often, I don't see what configure option
> that corresponds to. You'd have to have:
>
> APACI_ARGS='--enable-module="log_referer" --enable-module="rewrite"
> --enable-module="proxy" ...'
>
> for each and every module. There's no configure option "all" that I can
> see. Am I missing something?

Yes.  :)  Not to worry, it's hidden in the section just before
List of Available Modules in the INSTALL file.

Re -
Use the --enable-module=NAME and --disable-module=NAME options
to enable or disable a particular already distributed module from
the Apache src/Configuration.tmpl file. The correct module names
(no `mod_' prefix!) and defaults (yes=enabled, no=disabled) can be
seen when running `./configure --help'.  There are two special
NAME variants: `all' for enabling or disabling all modules and
`most' for enabling or disabling only these modules which are
useable on all platforms (currently this is  `all' minus the
modules `auth_db', `log_agent', `log_referer', `example',
`so' and `mmap_static'). For a compact overview of available
modules see the following list (remove the `mod_' prefix
to get the NAME).

HTH, -Sneex-  :]
Bill Jones * Systems Programmer * http://www.fccj.org/cgi/mail?sneex

                                   ('>   Running -