Bill Moseley wrote:
> Is Apache::Registry really that much of a hit in performance over a plain
> old Apache content handler?  And if so, why?

No, it isn't.  This is a "Hello World" benchmark we're talking about
here, designed to show the difference in startup costs.  A real app
would not have such a big difference in performance, although there
would be some difference.

Regardless, I encourage people to code for the Apache API rather than
Apache::Registry.  Besides the performance, it's just cleaner, and it
avoids some problems that can happen when you turn your program into a
sub, like accidental closures.

- Perrin