[EMAIL PROTECTED] (G.W. Haywood) wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Paul J. Lucas wrote:
>
>> > Are you checking the status of the subrequest?
>> No.  Intentionally.  As I wrote, I don't care what Apache says about
>> the accessibility of the file.  I *will* read it.  All I want to do
>> is suppress the "client denied by server request" messages in the
>> log.
>
>I suppose you could take over the logging process entirely (e.g. Eagle
>Book pp 360-367, 669, CPAN, and if you're into C 684).  Then you could
>do what you like with the error messages, including throw them away on
>a selective (hopefully a very selective) basis.

The other option would be to take over the access protection, allowing access
if the request is coming from the right place, or contains the right secret key
in the path_info, or whatever.

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                            The Math Forum