> I embarking on writing a mod_perl handler that accepts XML posted from
> client apps/browsers and then does "stuff" with the received XML snippets.
> I would like to take advantage of some of the projects discussed at
> xml.apache.org (The Apache XML Project), but I'm not sure how they fit into
> the mod_perl framework.  Any XML gurus on this list have any experiences,
> pointers, or suggestions with integrating xml.apache.org projects with a
> mod_perl enabled apache server?  I'd like to avoid using the java parsers
> and jserv if possible, but it seems that some of the nicer features of
> Cocoon, etc. are only available in java (hence the "Cocoon is a 100% pure
> Java publishing" tag line :).

Currently at MP3.com we are using an XML, apache, mod_perl based system,
that we would like to implement as an open source package. It is very
much performance centric, so not too many features are available.

We are looking into using Xalan-C and Xerces-C (with perl xs wrappers) to
accomplish pretty much what we have build in house. I am working on addding
some performance tweaks to Xalan and Xerces to make them compete against
our in house style sheet language.

You might want to consider checking out my session at ApacheCon 2000, to
get a better feel of what we have done.

Cheers,

-
Sander van Zoest                                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
High Geek                                                    (858) 623-7442
MP3.com, Inc.                                           http://www.mp3.com/
  See you at ApacheCon 2000 - Your premiere Music Service Provider (MSP)