Hi,

> I embarking on writing a mod_perl handler that accepts XML posted from
> client apps/browsers and then does "stuff" with the received XML snippets.
> I would like to take advantage of some of the projects discussed at
> xml.apache.org (The Apache XML Project), but I'm not sure how they fit
into
> the mod_perl framework.  Any XML gurus on this list have any experiences,
> pointers, or suggestions with integrating xml.apache.org projects with a
> mod_perl enabled apache server?  I'd like to avoid using the java parsers
> and jserv if possible, but it seems that some of the nicer features of
> Cocoon, etc. are only available in java (hence the "Cocoon is a 100% pure
> Java publishing" tag line :).

The next major release of Embperl will step in that direction, providing
functionlity for doing things like Concon. Also I will not implement an XSL
processor, I hope the Apache XML project provides it's C++ implementation
and they (or we) add a perl interface, so this will be usable in that
context.

I expect (but can not promise) the first beta for this during march.

Gerald