According to Ask Bjoern Hansen:

> > Is there any way to make mod_perl reload modified modules in some
> > directories but not check at all in others?  I'd like to avoid
> > the overhead of stat'ing the stable modules every time but still
> > automatically pick up changes in things under development.
>
> I made that an option for Apache::StatINC. I've made it and lost it a few
> times, but some day I will get it done, tested and commited. :)
>
> I was going to make the trigger on the module name though. Hmn. Maybe look
> at the directory too would make sense.

We have a lot of local modules, some used both by mod_perl and normal
scripts.  To make it easier to keep them updated across machines and
avoid having to 'use lib' everywhere, I put a symlink under the
normal site_perl to a directory that is physically with other web
related work.  So in this case it really is a component of the
module name (mapped by perl to the symlinked directory...) that
I would want as the trigger, but it would be equally likely that
someone would 'use lib' to pick up their local development.

I'd put a lot more programming into the modules and out of the web
scripts if modifications were always picked up automatically without
having to stat the modules that rarely change.

  Les Mikesell
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]