> At 06:17 PM 2/4/00 +0200, Stas Bekman wrote:
> >The next module is Apache::RegistryNG.
> >
> >C<Apache::RegistryNG> is the same as C<Apache::Registry>, aside from
> >using filename instead of URI for the namespace. It also uses OO
> >interface.
> >
> >   <snip>
>
> >There is no compelling reason to use C<Apache::RegistryNG> over
> >C<Apache::Registry>, unless you want to do add or change the
> >functionality of the existing I<Registry.pm>.  For example,
> >C<Apache::RegistryBB> (Bare-Bones) is another subclass that skips the
> >stat() call performed by C<Apache::Registry> on each request.
>

> >One situation where Apache::RegistryNG  may definitely be required  is if
> >you are rewriting URLS  (using either mod_rewrite or your own handler)  in
> >certain ways.
>
> For instance  if you  have a rewrite rule  of the form XYZ123456.html  ==>
> /perl/foo.pl?p1=XYZ&p2=123456
> Apache::Registry loses big, as it recompiles foo.pl  for each unique
> URL.  We ran into this and were totally baffled  as to why we had no
> mod_perl performance boost  until Doug pointed us to RegistryNG, which is
> definitely your friend in these circumstances.

Huh? Why would Apache::Registry recompile /perl/foo.pl ?

p1=XYZ&p2=123456 is a query string and it doesn't affect the created
script's package name.  Do I miss something?

Stas Bekman    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.stason.org/stas
Perl,CGI,Apache,Linux,Web,Java,PC     http://www.stason.org/stas/TULARC
perl.apache.org    modperl.sourcegarden.org   perlmonth.com    perl.org
single o-> + single o-+ = singlesheaven    http://www.singlesheaven.com