On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Robert Locke wrote:
> We've been using the latest Apache::Session::DBI with some success
> using Oracle 8i (DBD::Oracle 1.03) as the data store.  (Basically, we
> applied Ajit Deshpande's recommendation of patching DBIStore.pm with a
> large number for LongReadLen.  See
>
>http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> for reference.)
[...]
> To make a long story short, it seems that storing and then fetching a
> binary string is broken, but I'm not sure if this is an Oracle or DBD
> issue, or if I'm just doing something plain silly.

It's my understanding that Oracle doesn't want you to use Long anymore.
They prefer BLOB for this and are phasing out Long.  Maybe they broke Long
in the 8i release for certain situations.

BLOB works fine from DBD::Oracle, so give it a try.  You may need to set
the type on the bind parameter to ORA_BLOB.  perldoc DBD::Oracle for the
scoop.

- Perrin