On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Gerald Richter wrote:

> > all.  We've been talking recently about how to expand mason so that it can
> > be used in any sort of context where you have a request (from STDIN,
> > email, whatever) for content that you want filled by components.
>
> While you are talking, Embperl can already do this for over 3 years :-)

What we're talking about is coming up with a framework to provide this.
You can pretty much DIY with Mason right now but it would be nice to
formalize a lot of the mechanisms into separate classes and such.

> I think both Mason and Embperl (and Apache::ASP of course) are very
> powerfull and it's mainly a matter of style what you prefer.

I certainly wasn't trying to bash Embperl or anything else (though I
freely admit to preferring Mason).  If it seemed that way, allow me to
apologize.  It totally agree, it's largely a matter of style and perhaps
needing certain features more than others.

-dave

www.urth.org
We await the New Sun