> Sergio,
>
>    I just walked this route...
>
>    The long and short is that it can't be done anything close to
>    feasably.

There is a work around to this. If you use the syntax

perlcode
perlcode
require 'somefile.cgi';
more perl
more perl

then the cgi script gets imported into the environment and RUN with
the current document root rather than the one for modperl for the
whole system. Yeah, it's messy and require was not intended to be
used quite that way, but it works!