Hi, I did compile it statically. But currently for my program, I always
get such errors.

My Apache is 1.3.12, Perl is 5.6.0, mod_perl is 1.22.

The relevant part in my httpd.conf is:

<Files ~ "\.mpl$">
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Apache::Registry
    Options ExecCGI
</Files>

<Directory /home/myaccount/public_html>
<Files ~ "\.htm$">
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Apache::ASP
    PerlSetVar Global /tmp
</Files>
</Directory>

<Files ~ "\.asp$">
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Apache::ASP
    PerlSetVar Global /tmp
</Files>

My program is:
<%
        unless ($Application->{Config})
        {
                open CONFIGURE, "<my.conf" or die "Can't open
configuration
.";
                my $config = undef;
                while (<CONFIGURE>)
                {
                        my ($name, $value) = ($_ =~ /(\w+)\s*=\s*(.+)$/);
                        $config->{$name} = $value;
                        $Application->{Config} = $config;
                }
                close CONFIGURE;
        }
%>
<!--#include file="homepage.htm"-->

This program has been tested under Perl5.005_03, Apache 1.3.11, mod_perl
1.21 on another machine. my.conf is a configuration file for this program.

Lynx will report "Alert!: Unexpected network read error; connection
aborted." while I try to connect to it, and the server error log will show
a "[Tue Apr  4 16:36:22 2000] [notice] child pid 964 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)".

I have changed ASP.pm as I wrote last time, for if I did not do so, I will
get other error messages.

So is it that Apache::ASP is currently not compatible with Perl 5.6?

Di, Yu
4.4
~