So I'm trying to work around my problems with Apache::Request by parsing the
request myself.  This way I can work with only a single open file at a time.

But now I have a new problem.  In my content handler, if I add "use
MIME::Parser;" to the top of my file, apache won't start - it seems to hang
during the startup phase.  My module never gets initialized, and apache
never prints "[Fri Apr 14 12:29:14 2000] [notice] Apache/1.3.9 (Unix)
mod_perl/1.21 configured -- resuming normal operations".

I don't even call any functions in the module yet, just "use" it.  If I take
out the "use" statement, apache (and my module) load just fine.

Can you think of anything that would cause the MIME::Parser module to
disagree with modperl?  I'm just about to start reaming through the
MIME::Parser source code looking for stuff that gets initialized at
module-load time.

-jse