Hi all,

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Doug MacEachern wrote:

> > I have a static Solaris compilation, and have the same problems
> > where the parent seems to grow by 1M each HUP.
>
> that's strange, do you have PerlFreshRestart On or some <Perl> sections?
> otherwise, kill -HUP with a static modperl is a noop.

I was going to get into this at some stage before family illness took
me almost completely away from work, but since this thread has cropped
up I might as well mention it.  Dunno if it's relevant, but it's
suspicious.

When I do apachectl restart on Linux 2.0.34/libc5/1.3.9/1.21/5.005_03
(static build!) I noticed that for each restart @INC appeared to have
an extra copy of the same element, which is set in the BEGIN block in
startup.pl by a line like `use lib sever_root_relative("lib/perl");'.

Unfortunately this is on my development machine and I am away from my
office because of the family problems so I can't give you much more
than that at present.  I expect to visit my office sometime within the
next week so if you think there is anything that I can send to help
pin this down please let me know and I'll try to oblige.  It's no
sweat to me at all, of course.  I'm not even sure I'm getting @INC
correctly - it's well down on my priorities to check it at present.

73,
Ged.