Doug MacEachern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On 22 Apr 2000, Michael Poole wrote:
>
> > I get a segfault on the first page access to Apache (it's just a
> > request for / on the server).  Backtrace:
> > That line of mod_perl.c is "dPPDIR;"
> > However, r->per_dir_config is NULL, so the get_module_config() call there
> > ends up dereferencing a NULL pointer to generate the SEGV.
>
> that's stange.  what options did you give mod_perl's Makefile.PL?
> did mod_perl's 'make test' pass?
> what request is the server handling when this happens?

perl Makefile.PL USE_APXS=1 WITH_APXS=/usr/local/sbin/apxs EVERYTHING=1

'make test' refused to run since it was using APXS

The server was handling "GET / HTTP/1.0" at the time (the first request
made to the server).

My "solution" to this point (suggested by Dave Mee) is to just use
APACI to link mod_perl statically into Apache.  It's worked perfectly
so far, although it is a bit kludgy.

Michael