Nazareno...,

Couple things.  First, are you using linux, and if so are you using
2.3.99pre6?  It has a bug in it's vm, you need to downgrade to pre5,
or if pre7's out I've heard good stuff about Rik's new sets of
patches.

The other thing is that you need to grab the apache source, and start
cutting programs out of your configuration.  Go into the src directory
and hand edit the Configuration file, take out everything but what you
need.  Then either compile mod_perl apxs style, or into apache..., you
get slightly less memory consumption by compiling mod_perl in.
However, the other end of this is you need to get rid of that huge
swap partition.  Seriously... your computer will be useless with that
big of a swap, at a maxima 128MB swap.  The other end of this is..,
well, 128MB of RAM is pretty small for a webserver.  I would suggest
you up that to 256MB, that would only cost $100 (US) in the states,
and would greatly alleviate your problem.  But if you're running
pre6..., downgrade, quick! :-)

Later,
Shane.