On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Steve Hay wrote:

> Steve Hay wrote:
>
> > I'm having a problem compiling mod_perl 1.23 (with Apache 1.3.12 / Perl
> > 5.6.0) as a DSO using APXS on Solaris 2.4.
>
> In case anyone is interested...
>
> I've solved my own problem (just as well, really).  If I re-compile
> everything with the -Xa compiler flag then it all works out fine.

what does -Xa mean?  gcc or ld flag?  i don't see anything in the gcc
manpage, 2.6 ld manpage says:

  Options No Longer Supported
     The following SunOS 4.x.y options do not have  any  replace-
     ment in this release: -B nosymbolic (this is now the default
     if -B symbolic is not used), -d, -dc, and  -dp,  (these  are
     now  the default; see -b above to override the default), -M,
     -S, -t, -x, -X, and -ysym.

maybe that means -Xa is on by default in newer solaris?