On 08-May-2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I AM NOT AN EXPERT. Which is why I didn't post to the list.
> I just happened to notice your question, and since everyone
> seems to be out to lunch, I though I'd give it a whack.

Thanks... I'm a quite new to mod_perl as well, and on some of the things I have
no idea what is "normal".

> They are probably going to suggest GTop::Limit to you.
> I think Doug wrote it.
> You can kill the Apache children after they service, say,
> 50 requests or the amount of shared memory they are using
> gets to low.
>
> I think it is real easy to kill after 50 requests with
> MaxRequestsPerChild, but GTop::Limit has more flexibility.

I can do this and it would could probably fix my problem, but I have a feeling
that each process should be able to handle more than 50 requests.  I could be
way of track though...

I just examined top again... in the time it took to punch out this email and do
some other things (maybe 20 minutes), each process was up to 139 MB, although
SHARE was 132MB.  That would mean 5 MB is unshared which isn't bad...

It seems to me like something else is up here.

> Enjoy.

Thanks for the reply!

Wim Kerkhoff, Software Engineer
NetMaster Networking Solutions