On Mon, 8 May 2000, Wim Kerkhoff wrote:
> On a fresh restart of apache, my processes are about 20 ~ 25 MB each,
> which is about normal for mod_perl (as far as I know).  However,
> within a few hours (with little use except by our development team),
> the size is up to 40MB, and by the end of the day up to 60, 70, even
> 90MB each.

You're probably doing something that is causing certain variables to have
temporarily large values.  As always, start with the guide:

http://perl.apache.org/guide/performance.html#Memory_leakage

You should also make sure you're doing the usual pre-loading and other
suggestions from this section of the guide.  You may find the section in
the camel book on optimizing for size useful as well.

- Perrin