On Tue, 9 May 2000, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
> If you are using an RDBMS which has atomic operations, you can turn off
> locking in Apache::Session with no effect.

I think every RDBMS I've seen, includig MySQL, guarantees atomicity at
this level.

> On the subject of locking, I think that the daemon locker is going to be
> the fastest solution for a large-scale operation.  Currently, the
> semaphore locker is the slowest (and also only scales to one machine), and
> the file locker is only slightly better.

I saw in your previous announcement that you plan to support Berkeley DB 3
as a storage mechanism in your 1.5 release.  I've found the automatic
locking it does to be very efficient.  For single machine setups I suspect
it will outperform the other options.

- Perrin