----- Original Message -----
From: "Jay Jacobs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I've been perusing the archives on the topic of cookie vs. url vs. user
> session tracking, and I can't find a solution that is 100% effective.

I've been thinking for a while now on a "complete" state maintainance
system. Although it would be allot of writing, I think that a system could
be build that magically incorporates one or more of:
- magic numbers (or session IDs)
- cookies
- IP tracking
- special form vars

>From there, you'd have a fuction available like $hash_ref =
get_user_state(). The get_user_state() function would sift through any/all
of the data that it could glean from the remote side and make its best guess
about what information is available. After that, it would be up to the
programmer to decide what she wanted to do about this data.

I suppose that the parsed data from get_user_state() should get saved in
some usefull location and there would need to be access/administration
functions sitting on top of that data.

Rodney